How to Renew Your Texas Notary Commission
How to renew your notary commission in Texas?
The process to renew your Texas notary commission is the same as applying for a new commission. You can renew 90 days before your current notary commission expires. To renew your notary commission, you must:
- Complete a notary application (online or print and mail it to AAN)
- Purchase a $10,000 notary bond (required by the Texas Secretary of State)
- Purchase a notary stamp and a notary journal to authenticate and record notarized documents (required by Texas notary law)
- Take the oath of office (Texas Secretary of State will supply you with the form once you are commissioned)
Click here To start the Texas notary application renewal process
New! Renew Your Texas Notary
Our paperless notary application wizard will guide you step by step to complete and e-sign your Texas notary application online with a click of your computer mouse. This efficient paperless process will eliminate the need to print, scan, and then mail, fax or email your Texas notary application. It's your choice to renew your Texas notary commission online or offline. Either way, we make it fast and easy for you to become a Texas notary public.
Don't Want to Renew Online?
Renewing online is safe, easy, and fast, but if you'd prefer to apply offline, just follow these three simple steps to start the application process. You'll get everything that's required to become a commissioned Texas notary public in 5-10 working days.
- Click here to print the Texas notary Application form.
- Select the complete Texas notary package listed on the order form. Choose
your stamp ink and case color. All our products are manufactured in-house, comply with
Texas notary laws, and come with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- Mail us your completed Texas notary application, order form, and payment. We will review your application for accuracy, issue the bond, and file it with the Secretary of State. We will ship your supplies to you once you are approved as a notary public.
Complete Texas Notary Package
Only $8595* Including a 1-Year Membership in AAN (Limited time offer - over 40% in savings on supplies)
|Notary Package Includes:|
|Texas four-year, $10,000 notary bond||$5000**|
|State filing fee||$2100**|
(Item #201). Available in 14 case colors
|- OR -|
(Item #210). Available in 11 case colors
Notary public manual (Item #804)
Emailed in PDF Format
|Notary fee schedule||Included|
|One-year membership to AAN||$1900|
*This package may be purchased separately at the same net savings without the state mandatory four-year, $10,000 notary bond for $35.95 plus $6.95 for shipping. Enter item # P102 on the order form. The Texas four-year, $10,000 notary bond may also be purchased separately for $50.00. Discounts/savings apply only to supplies and not to notary bonds or errors and omissions insurance policies.
**Required by Texas notary law.
Need more protection? We highly recommend an errors and omissions (E&O) insurance policy. Your bond protects the public you serve, but an errors and omissions insurance policy protects you!
To receive a Texas notary application by mail, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Texas notary bonds and errors and omissions insurance policies provided by this insurance agency, the American Association of Notaries, Inc., are underwritten by Western Surety Company (established 1900). American Association of Notaries, is owned by Kal Tabbara, licensed insurance agent in Texas.